“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” 1 Peter 4:10
This is the essence of stewardship: recognizing and treasuring the gifts God has given us and using them joyfully in God’s service. Our stewardship theme for 2014 is “Living a God Pleasing Life”. As we spend time in God’s Word during our worship services and daily meditations, we will better understand how God wants us to use our lives and resources for his purposes.
We will be discussing many ways that we please God through our faithful stewardship. God-pleasing stewards will . . .
- live with the Word of the Lord as their authority and claim God’s promises.
- live God-directed, rather than self-directed, lives.
- seek the presence and strength of the Lord.
- follow the ways of the Lord.
- see others as people loved by God.
- serve faithfully in church, family, and community.
- give generously.
- develop their gifts and talents.
- see the hand of the Lord as their support.
- see the grace of the Lord as their supply.
- handle their resources wisely and prudently.
- help those in need.
If you have not received Stewardship materials, including a daily devotional guide, please contact the church office (203-324-1323)