Together, we are what creates the First United Methodist Community, and together we support the needs of our church community and the needs of our greater community. Please feel free to click or browse through our different resources and ways in which you can volunteer in your community. Or if you have any questions or concerns, click here to be directed to the contact form page.
In Church Volunteering Opportunities
- You can take part in our weekly services on Sundays and Saturday evenings. Here you can bring forth the light as a youth paige, acolyte, or crucifer. You may also read scripture, or a prayer of your own or from the bible.
- The church choir group is another way to volunteer. The choir takes part in Sunday services and meets during the week to practice. Along with this, there is also a handbell choir.
- Our Sunday School has many open volunteer spots for anyone who is interested in teaching our younger youth about the bible as well!
- We also have seasonal and holiday specific food drives or coat drives. Every year we take part in a huge food drive for thanksgiving, in which we put together boxes of food for some families in need. Volunteers are always welcomed to pack these boxes or help out in any way possible!
- And of course, our coffee hour time would never be so amazing with our wonderful volunteers who bring food and drinks every Sundays.